Pine Cones is open from 8.30am to 4pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8.30am to 3pm on Fridays.
For enquiries please ring the Pine Cones Manager on 01638 790132
Pinecones have places for 32 children in any one session. Children are expected to attend a minimum of two sessions a week. The places will be allocated according to the following criteria:
- Looked after children and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to adoption, a child arrangements order, or special guardianship order. Children who appear to the Admission Authority to have been in state care (i.e. in the care of or accommodated by a public authority, religious organisation or any other provider whose sole/main purpose is to benefit society) outside of England but ceased to be so as a result of being adopted only.
- Priority will next be given to the siblings of pupils attending the school at the time the application is received.
- Priority will next be given to children of staff.
- Pre-school children who live in the catchment area for The Pines Primary School
- Children who live outside the catchment area
Applications need to be submitted before the end of the Spring Term if you require your child to start September of that year.
All applications will then be allocated according the above admission criteria and you will be notified Early May of a space. If you are not offered a space, you will remain on the waiting list and be contacted if a space does become available.
Funded term time sessions
|Session:||Hours per day:|
|9am – 12pm||3 hours|
|9am – 3pm||6 hours|
|1pm – 4pm||3 hours|
All additional sessions will be charged at rate of £5.75 per hour.
Invoices will be sent out on a half-termly basis, in advance.
All children are entitled to 15 funded hours of pre-school education from the term after their third birthday. We accept childcare vouchers and we also offer 30 hours free Early Years Education and Tax Free Childcare. To find out more information please go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk.
Fees continue to be payable if a child is absent without notice or for a short time. In cases of prolonged absence, parents should consult the manager about fee payment. Each child’s attendance at Pine Cones is conditional upon continued payment of any necessary fees.
Holidays must be notified in writing at least 4 weeks in advance and will be charged at a 50% reduced rate.
Please note, we require a half-terms notice if you wish to change the number of sessions your child attends.
The Pine Cones Pre-School is open every day during term time from 8.30am to 4pm and the staff ratios are worked out according to the legal requirements, this means that we are unable to let children start the sessions earlier or later than the sessions that have been booked and paid for. The doors are opened at the start of the relevant sessions and we are unable to allow access to the premises before the relevant times. A charge will be levied for late collection of £1 per minute. This will be invoiced to you by the school office.
A place at the Pine Cones Pre-School does not guarantee a primary school place. Please see the school admission page for further details on how to apply to The Pines Primary School.
Applications for September 2023
PLEASE NOTE: We are now full for the academic year beginning September 2023.
Pre-school sessions for will be allocated according to our admissions criteria. Please complete the application form below to register your interest.